An artifact gate or a teleporter is the location where an artifact is spawned if the player completes the task to unlock the artifact. Some of these tasks can be done by every class with no items (e.g. on Sunken Tomb, only dropping down is required), but some of these tasks require special classes, specific items, or some mechanic abuses (e.g on Sky Meadow, the ground must be attacked, which can't be done by the Commando, but a Parent can using its ground slam).
The name of this structure is given to it by the community and is not official.
The following maps have a chance to spawn an artifact gate (the artifact cannot be found if no artifact gate was spawned):
- Dried Lake - Ground Zero
- Desolate Forest - Ground Zero
- Damp Caverns - Fungal Haven
- Sky Meadow - Field of Sprites
- Sunken Tomb - Underwater Catacombs
- Ancient Valley - Frozen Tundra
- Hive Cluster - Deep Undergrowth
- Magma Barracks - The Core
- Temple of the Elders - Holy Grounds
These maps will never spawn an artifact gate: