THROW CLEAVER TOWARDS CUSTOMERS FOR 100% DAMAGE. BOOMERANGS BACK
THROW 9 CLEAVERS IN A CIRCLE FOR 9*100% DAMAGE. BOOMERANGS BACK.
COOK CUSTOMERS FOR 260% DAMAGE UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN, KNOCKING THEM AWAY.
BLAZE CUSTOMERS FOR 420% ON HIGH, KNOCKING THEM AWAY.
RIDE A WAVE OF OIL, SLOWING CUSTOMERS. SEARING GLAZED CUSTOMERS DEALS +78% DAMAGE AND STUNS.
RIDE ON A WAVE OF OIL, SLOWING CUSTOMERS. SEARING GLAZED CUSTOMERS STUNS THEM AND DEALS +78% DAMAGE.
PREPARE A MASTER MEAL, BOOSTING THE NEXT ABILITY CAST.
PREPARE A MASTER MEAL, BOOSTING THE NEXT TWO ABILITY CASTS.
- This character is easily unlocked by utilizing the Artifact of Command, which will allow players to easily obtain the Meat Nugget, Bustling Fungus, Sprouting Egg, Bitter Root, and Foreign Fruit in one run.
- Boosted DICE is extremely effective against Magma Worms and Providence's Gilded Wurms.
- It seems that DICE cleavers have slightly increased damage on their return path.
- MARINATE can be used to quickly create distance between the player and enemies. This is also possible with GLAZE, but is considerably less effective
- SEAR and BLAZE can pierce through the terrain.
- To get the achievement for having 20 cleavers in the air at once, either the Gigantic Amethyst, Ancient Scepter, or the Shattered Mirror are required.
- Additionally, having very fast attack speed from items like Soldier's Syringe, Warbanner, Predatory Instincts, and Prescriptions in addition to the aforementioned items makes the achievement very easy.
- Another way to do this is to fight a Magma Worm or Gilded Wurm with a Wicked Ring and high crit chance, as MINCE can hit their bodies even after defeat.
- DICE and MINCE will not apply on-hit effects on a second hit to the same enemy, be it on the throw or return, however, both hits can crit.
- The cleavers from DICE cannot pass through terrain on the way out, but will on the way back. On the other hand, the cleavers from MINCE always pass through terrain.
- When GLAZE or MARINATE is activated, CHEF can't use any other abilities or change direction. It can still jump, though.
- It is easy to do an immense amount of damage to multiple enemies with CHEF's GLAZE/MARINATE and BLAZE skills. Glazing enemies, then using SECOND HELPING and hitting them with BLAZE deals insane damage. This is especially effective when using the Ancient Scepter, as both MARINATE and BLAZE can be used without having to wait for SECOND HELPING to recharge.
- Combining Ancient Scepter and Brilliant Behemoth will allow CHEF to screen wipe, clearing any boss instantly via double-cast MINCE.
- Combining Ancient Scepter AND Shattered Mirror will allow CHEF to do insane amounts of damage just by throwing MINCE twice, effectively four times, due to the effect of the Shattered Mirror. This effect can be further increased with a Beating Embryo.
- Stacking Heaven Cracker will remove the boomeranging feature respectively from DICE and instead replaces the cleavers with the regular Heaven Cracker attack. For this reason
- Items with effects highly recommended to aim for on this character: