Abilities[edit | edit source]
THROW CLEAVER TOWARDS CUSTOMERS FOR 100% DAMAGE. BOOMERANGS BACK
THROW 9 CLEAVERS IN A CIRCLE FOR 9*100% DAMAGE. BOOMERANGS BACK.
COOK CUSTOMERS FOR 260% DAMAGE UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN, KNOCKING THEM AWAY.
BLAZE CUSTOMERS FOR 420% ON HIGH, KNOCKING THEM AWAY.
RIDE A WAVE OF OIL, SLOWING CUSTOMERS. SEARING GLAZED CUSTOMERS DEALS +78% DAMAGE AND STUNS.
RIDE ON A WAVE OF OIL, SLOWING CUSTOMERS. SEARING GLAZED CUSTOMERS STUNS THEM AND DEALS +78% DAMAGE.
PREPARE A MASTER MEAL, BOOSTING THE NEXT ABILITY CAST.
PREPARE A MASTER MEAL, BOOSTING THE NEXT TWO ABILITY CASTS.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- This character is easily unlocked by utilizing the Command to pick Meat Nugget, Bustling Fungus, Sprouting Egg, Bitter Root and Foreign Fruit in one run.
- Boosted Dice is extremely effective against Magma Worms and Gilded Wurms.
- It seems that Dice cleavers have slightly increased damage on their return path.
- Boosted Glaze can be used to quickly create distance between the player and enemies.
- Sear and Boosted Sear can pierce through the terrain.
- To get the achievement for having 20 Dice cleavers on screen, either the Gigantic Amethyst, Ancient Scepter or the Shattered Mirror are required.
- Additionally, having very fast attack speed from items like Soldier's Syringe, Predatory Instincts, Warbanner, and Prescriptions with the addition of the previous items makes the achievement very easy.
- Another way to do this is to fight a Magma Worm or Gilded Wurm with Wicked Ring and high crit chance, as boosted dice can hit the Worm/Wurm's body even after defeat.
- Dice will not apply on-hit effects on a second hit to the same enemy, be it on the throw or return, however, both hits can crit.
- The cleavers from (non-boosted) Dice cannot pass through terrain on the way out, but will on the way back.
- When Glaze is activated, CHEF can't use any other abilities or change direction. It can still jump, though.
- It is easy to do an immense amount of damage to multiple enemies with Chef's Glaze and Blaze skills. Glazing enemies, then using Second Helping and hitting them with Blaze deals insane damage. This is especially effective when using the Ancient Scepter, as both Marinate and Blaze can be used.
- Combining Ancient Scepter and Brilliant Behemoth will allow the Chef to screen wipe, clearing any boss instantly via double-cast mince.
- Combining Ancient Scepter and Shattered Mirror will allow CHEF to do insane amounts of damage just by throwing Boosted Dice four times in one use.
- Stacking Heaven Cracker will remove the boomeranging feature respectively from DICE and instead replaces the cleavers with the regular Heaven Cracker attack.
- Items with effects highly recommended to aim for on this character: