Abilities[edit | edit source]
Shoot twice for 2x60% damage.
Shoot through enemies for 230% damage, knocking them back.
Roll forward a small distance. You cannot be hit while rolling.
Fire rapidly, stunning and hitting nearby enemies for 6x60% Damage.
Fires rapidly, stunning and hitting nearby enemies for 10x60% damage.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- will fire in both directions if there are enemies to both the left and right of The Commando visible on screen.
- Tactical Dive has a brief delay before the Commando is granted any immunity, roughly the amount of time it takes the Commando's on-screen sprite's feet to leave the ground.
- Tactical Dive can be used to cancel falling damage if used before hitting the ground.
- Tactical Dive's distance rolled scales with movement speed.
- While using the , Commando can still jump at any point during the animation. Performing a jump right after starting theTactical Dive, Commando can jump over larger gaps and reach certain areas otherwise harder / more time-consuming to reach ladder/rope until Tactical Dive's animation has ended. Poorly timed dives can easily overshoot the intended target. Some ladders may be too far to jump to, and too close to dive to (such as the ones on the right cliffside of Ancient Valley).
- Obtaining crit items is the best way to stay alive, due to his high damage potential in fire rate. using the Wicked Ring and full crit will allow you to use Suppressive Fire non-stop, while weaving in Tactical Dive and Full Metal Jacket when its on cool down.
Item Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Passive items that have a certain percentage of activating. (Chance on hit items.)
- Items that boost attack rate to increase the effectiveness of on-hit items.
Below is a list of all items considered effective with the Commando:
Items That Work Well With High Attack Speed
Items That Increase Attack Speed
Pairing fourteen Lens Maker's Glasses, a Wicked Ring, and a generous amount of Soldier's Syringe makes for a deadly combination, as holding both Double Tap and Full Metal Jacket causes an endless barrage of stunning, piercing shots.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Commando is presumably the author of the Field Notes found throughout the game by the player. This makes him the only character with any real insight offered into his personality, suggesting he deeply regrets what he is forced to do in order to survive.