Paired with jump/jet-pack items this item can start dealing higher amounts of damage more frequently though without pairing items it's arguably one of the worst items in Risk of Rain, as it is very hard to deal any damage with it's effect, and trying is very likely to get the player killed.
Tracking Number: 574▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
: Hurt enemies by falling for up to 507% damage.
: Have you found the kill-count of your shoes to be 0? Do you find that disturbing? So do we. Combat Ready Spikeshoes, lovingly named 'Headstompers,' allow you to get the drop on foes. Literally. Vertically.
Titanium-tipped spikes, along with steel soles, guarantee that landing on foes will result in the messiest recreation of old school video games that you have ever seen. NOTE: Spikes deploy only after reaching a certain vertical velocity.
For questions and complaints, please contact our customer service.
- The jump boost from the Miner's To the Stars ability is high enough to activate Headstompers.
- Rusty Jetpacks can work well with this item. With several of these, you can attack enemies by jumping on them, since height becomes high enough to activate Headstompers.
- Careful with Rusty Jetpacks, though. You might never be able to use this item very well with it. You need to release the Jump button if you're falling already to avoid gravity reduction.[verification needed]
- Maximizing Headstompers can also mean you lose HP from falling damage. Being high enough, you can meet Fire Shield's activation proc. Falling down can activate Headstompers and Fire Shield, dealing huge amount of damage.
- The text "Recreation of old school video games that you have seen" is most probably a reference to the "Super Mario Bro's" series of games, where enemies are defeated by jumping on top of their head.
- It could also be a reference to the MapleStory game item: "Facestompers", as indicated by the "Sent to:" address.