Not to be confused with Lens-Maker's Glasses (Risk of Rain 2).
5th Houston St.
Tracking Number: 68▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
: Your attacks have a 10% chance to critically strike, dealing double damage
: Calibrated for high focal alignment. Should allow for the precision you were asking for. I must ask.. for what reasons do you need such glasses? Surely the department of science would provide them for you?
I can't think of a single.. scientific reason why would would want this. Have you been hired by [REDACTED]? If you're in trouble, you can always ask me for help.
For questions and complaints, please contact our customer service.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
Explanation about Stacking & Crit Chance[edit | edit source]
Each stack of Lens-Maker's Glasses linearly increases critical hit chance by 7%. Normally, having at most 14 stacks of this item will grant 100% critical chance:
- Every character starts with 1% crit chance at the beginning.
- All crit chance increasing items, including Harvester's Scythe (+5%), Predatory Instincts (+5%), Wicked Ring (+6%), and Lens-Maker's Glasses (+7%), additively contribute to the crit chance together.
- Although the value of crit chance is not capped, crit chance has no effect beyond 100%.
- If no other crit chance increasing item has been picked already, picking up a Lens-Maker's Glasses will raise crit chance by 10% (as what the in-game item description says) instead of 7%. Otherwise, picking up the first Lens-Maker's Glasses will only give 7%.
All of this translates into:
- If Lens-Maker's Glasses is the only crit-enhancing item that has been collected in the run, the crit chance on 14 stacks would be: 1% + (10% × 1) + (7% × 13) = 102% ➙ 100%.
- If at least one of the other crit-enhancing items has been collected before the 1st pair of glasses, the minimum crit chance on 14 stacks would be: 1% + >5% + (7% × 14) = 104% ➙ 100%.
Character Synergies[edit | edit source]
Item Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Harvester Scythe: Heals the player each time they crit and boosts their crit a small amount.
- Predatory Instincts: Gives bonus attack speed each time attacks crit, and boosts crit by a small amount.
- Wicked Ring: Reduces cooldowns by one second each time attacks crit, and boosts crit chance.
- Frost Relic: The icicles that spawn after an enemy is killed can crit.
- Brilliant Behemoth: The explosions can crit.
- AtG Missile Mk. 1: The damage that this item bases on are the actual final damage dealt, so the crit damage will be the basis for the damage output of each missile. (AtG Missile Mk. 2 works differently.)
- Ukulele, Mortar Tube: Same reasoning as AtG Missile Mk. 1.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On successful critical strike, it will make a sharp noise and the damage text will be emboldened in red.
- The mailing location, Grievenkamp, is a reference to John E. Grievenkamp, an optical scientist.
- The old crit chance stacking was: (1 - (0.9)^x)*100, while x is the number of stacks. This formula worked in an unknown old patch and has been since changed, there is no information if this was a bug or if it was an untold test.
- Getting this item makes a red star shape appear above the player character.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- This description is auto-generated by the Item Infobox