Crush nearby enemies for 140% damage.
Charge up for 2 seconds. On release, dash through enemies for up to 600% damage. You cannot be hit while dashing.
Blast backwards a small distance for 200% damage, stunning all enemies. You cannot be hit while dashing.
Jump into the air, hitting all enemies below for 3x180% damage total.
Jump into the air, hitting and stunning enemies below for 5x180% damage total.
- The Miner's primary attack, Crush, is one of the strongest, and most useful in the game. Unlike most other melees (Acrid/Mercenary), he isn't forced to budge forward while swinging, so he can sit on top of ledges and batter helpless foes on a slightly lower or higher platform.
- Additionally, Crush has a much longer range than its animation would imply. To get an idea of exactly how far it can reach, simply spend a few seconds battering a Lemurian in the first stage without moving and watch how the creature is pushed back before your attacks cease to hit him.
- The Miner is all about crowd control. His attacks work okay on single targets, but are truly meant for huge crowds since they damage all foes in range equally. Because of this, the Miner excels at wiping out large groups of enemies, rather than dealing with them one-at-a-time.
- A typical combo with the Miner is using To The Stars on a considerably large crowd of enemies, landing right behind said crowd and using the Backblast to propel yourself right back into it. A quick, non-charged Drill Charge can be chained onto that for additional damage. This does equal damage to everything in range of your attack.
- Acquiring items that inflict status debuffs on enemies is absolutely vital as the Miner, for your crowd control attacks will inflict all foes you damage with it, giving you and your teammates a much easier time handling hordes of foes.
- Items that increase mobility, especially the Rusty Jetpack, will greatly increase your effectiveness. Rusty Jetpack can be combined with your ultimate ability to form an extremely effective double jump since it gives the same elevation as a modified jump.
- Using To The Stars mid-air lets you jump a second time. Use this to reach places otherwise hard or time-consuming to reach.
- Drill Charge's charge time is based on your attack speed. However, the damage does not appear to scale with the increased charge speed. That calculation seems to be based on how long the button is held; consequently, it seems charging the skill becomes less effective the faster your attack speed.
- To The Stars is not a typical projectile. The shots produced do not detonate on mid-air; the shots only produce damage directly below the Miner on ground. The distance between the shots also do not change no matter how high the Miner is.
- Technically, the Miner is the most mobile character in the entire game, taking heed of his ability set. For example, combining them with Gigantic Amethyst, it is possible to do a quadra dash (non-charged Drill Charge, quickly turn back, Backblast, Gigantic Amethyst, Backblast followed by another Drill Charge). Also, stacking move speed items like Paul's Goat Hoof causes Miner to dash even further.
- Panic Mines: Survive the teleporter event without falling below 50% health
- Shattering Justice: Reach level 10 without getting hurt more than once
- To The Stars is a reference to the anime "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann". Starbound is the Name of another Chucklefish game.
- Interestingly enough, if you haven't yet unlocked the Miner and find yourself facing Direseeker, activating the Jar of Souls and waiting for its ghost to die counts as killing Direseeker and will unlock the the Miner.
- If you die while in the middle of charging up a drill charge, the bar will not disappear, instead staying there while your body goes flying backwards.