Rex is a new character in Risk of Rain 2.
Rex is a plant-robot hybrid, and has two abilities for both the plant and the robot side.
Rex is unlocked by completing the Power Plant challenge.
|Natural Toxins||Certain attacks Weaken, reducing movement speed, armor, and damage|
|DIRECTIVE: Inject||Fires 3 syringes for 3x80% damage. The last syringe Weakens and heals for 30% of damage dealt.|
|Seed Barrage||Costs 15% of your current health. Launch a mortar into the sky for 450% damage.|
|DIRECTIVE: Disperse||Fire a sonic boom that pushes and Weakens all enemies hit. Pushes you backwards if you are airborne.|
|Tangling Growth||Costs 25% of your current health. Fires a flower that roots for 200% damage. Heals for every target hit.|
- If there are only a handful of enemies remaining, and the portal is open, yet there are health shrines to use, aiming DIRECTIVE: Inject so that only the final shot lands allows for slow healing.
- DIRECTIVE: Inject can be cancelled by Seed Barrage directly after the third shot, and can be activated again directly after Seed Barrage is fired. This drastically improves the fire rate of DIRECTIVE: Inject, but should be used cautiously, as rapid use of Seed Barrage will quickly drain Rex's health.
- Seed Barrage has extreme range, and less than a 1 second delay. Combine it with the infinite range of Tangling Growth to harass enemies from long range.
- DIRECTIVE: Disperse can be used to quickly move about by jumping, turning around, and firing. With a short base cool down, Rex is more mobile than it appears, so long as the player can do the maneuver constantly.
- The DIRECTIVE: Disperse will damage any enemy that is knocked into a wall, or kill them if they fall off the map.
- Tangling Growth will continue to drain health from enemies even after they die, killing affected enemies won't reduce regeneration.
- Tangling Growth will fire in a straight line with infinite range, and will float in the air if it lands on an airborne enemy. This allows it to lock down enemies at any distance, and either save allies or prepare for a seed bomb from far away.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.