REX is a new character in Risk of Rain 2.
REX is a half-robot/ half-plant that uses HP to cast devastating skills from a distance. The plant nor the robot could survive this planet alone - but thankfully they have each other.
Rex is unlocked by completing the Power Plant challenge.
|Natural Toxins||Certain attacks Weaken, reducing movement speed, armor, and damage.|
|DIRECTIVE: Inject||Fires 3 syringes for 3x80% damage. The last syringe Weakens and heals for 60% of damage dealt.|
|Seed Barrage||Costs 15% of your current health. Launch a mortar into the sky for 450% damage.|
|Seed Volley||Launch a series of seed bullets into the sky, raining down for 450% damage per second. (Unlocked by REX: Bushwhacked)|
|DIRECTIVE: Disperse||Fire a sonic boom that pushes and Weakens all enemies hit. Pushes you backwards if you are airborne.|
|Tangling Growth||Costs 25% of your current health. Fires a flower that roots for 200% damage. Heals for every target hit.|
- If there are only a handful of enemies remaining, and the portal is open, yet there are health shrines to use, aiming DIRECTIVE: Inject so that only the final shot lands allows for slow healing.
- DIRECTIVE: Inject can be canceled by Seed Barrage directly after the third shot, and can be activated again directly after Seed Barrage is fired. This drastically improves the fire rate of DIRECTIVE: Inject, but should be used cautiously, as rapid use of Seed Barrage will quickly drain REX's health.
- Seed Barrage has an extreme range and less than a 1 second delay. Combine it with the infinite range of Tangling Growth to harass enemies from a long range.
- Seed Volley has the same targeting mechanic as Seed Barrage, but with a larger radius. It acts similar to the Huntress' Arrow Rain as damage over time, but the vector of the seed bullets does not rotate based on the orientation of the targeted surface. Essentially, only enemies in the top half of the targeting sphere will take damage, regardless of where it is shot.
- DIRECTIVE: Disperse can be used to quickly move about by jumping, turning around, and firing. With a short base cool down, REX is more mobile than it appears, so long as the player can do the maneuver constantly.
- The DIRECTIVE: Disperse will damage any enemy that is knocked into a wall, or kill them if they fall off the map.
- Tangling Growth will continue to drain health from enemies even after they die, killing affected enemies won't reduce regeneration.
- Tangling Growth will fire in a straight line with infinite range, and will float in the air if it lands on an airborne enemy. This allows it to lock down enemies at any distance, and either save allies or prepare for a seed bomb from far away.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.